Filed under: Recipes
3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6 ears of corn) or
2 cans (15 ounces each) whole kernel corn
1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
zest of 1 lime
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
PREPARATION: 15-20 MINUTES
- Steam corn with ¼ cup water in a large saucepan over medium heat, covered, until bright yellow, about 4 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook corn, stirring frequently, until the water evaporates, about 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Mix in red onion, blueberries, lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Remove salad from refrigerator and mix in basil. Serve immediately.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
* This recipe was adapted from Home by Design Magazine June/July 2011
This information was brought to you by OC Nutrition, Your Trusted Source for Health & Nutrition Advice. OC Nutrition offers nutrition counseling services over the phone or in person in Newport Beach, Irvine, Orange, Anaheim Hills, Chino Hills and Long Beach. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact:
Kristy L. Richardson, MS, MPH,
RD, CSSD, CHES
Registered Dietitian & Exercise Physiologist
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment